A delicious tropical cocktail for the summer months and perfect for Pride! This cocktail is not difficult to make; you don’t need a cocktail set and can serve it in a long drink glass or a hurricane glass. Pouring in the top layer is the trickiest thing, but with this paradise cocktail with blue curacao, you can really score points.
With our rainbow recipes we try to make the world a little more colorful and accepting from the kitchen! Are you helping? Share your creations through #rainbowrecipes.
Cocktail With Malibu And Blue Curacao
This island cocktail is made with grenadine syrup, pineapple juice, malibu, blue curacao, a little water and lots of ice. You can also use orange juice instead of pineapple juice and vodka instead of malibu, but then the order becomes a little different!
How To Make This Paradise Cocktail?
To make the colors of the rainbow, we first pour a part grenadine syrup into a 400 ml / 16 oz glass. Then fill the glass with ice cubes or crushed ice. In a separate cup, you mix 160 ml / 5.4 oz (4 parts) pineapple juice with 80 ml / 2.7 oz (2 parts) Malibu. This mixture is poured over the glass with syrup and ice.
To create an orange layer, you can stir for a moment. You’ll see that the red layer mixes with the yellow and then you get orange! The glass already seems full, but we promise you: the last layer still fits.
The last layer is the hardest. You mix 40 ml / 1.35 oz (1 part) water with 20 ml / 0.7 oz (1/2 part) blue curacao (if you don’t, the blue layer will sink). You pour this very carefully (use a spoon) over the yellow layer. You will see that blue and yellow mix to green and the top layer remains beautifully blue. Voilà, your rainbow cocktail is ready! Serve with a lemon/lime slice or orange twist to finish it off.
Do you use orange juice and vodka? Then you pour the orange juice over the grenadine and mix the vodka with blue curacao for the top layer. So you don’t use water in the recipe.
(DIY) Cocktail Shaker
For this recipe you don’t really need a cocktail set. It is useful to use a jigger to measure your ingredients. We have an EU standard 20/40 ml jigger (that’s where the sizes in the recipe are based on), but you can use a 1 / 2 oz jigger and stick to the ‘parts’ (see recipe card below).
Don’t have a jigger? Then you can also use a shot glass. Make sure your glass is at least 400 milliliters / 16 oz, or don’t fill is with ice completely – otherwise it won’t fit.
Check out more rainbow recipes on our website! We create 30 recipes, a recipe for every day of Pride Month. Together, we can make the world more colorful and accepting, from the kitchen. Help and share your creations through #rainbowrecipes!
Rainbow Paradise Cocktail
- 40 milliliter grenadine (1 part / 1.35 oz)
- ice crushed or cubes
- 160 milliliter pineapple juice (4 parts / 5.4 oz)
- 80 milliliter malibu coconut rum (2 parts / 2.7 oz)
- 40 milliliter water (1 part / 1.35 oz)
- 20 milliliter blue curacao (½ part / 0.7 oz)
- Pour grenadine syrup into a 400 ml / 16 ounce hurricane glass.We use a jigger of 20/40 ml, but you can also use a shot glass or other size jigger and stick to the parts of the ingredients.
- Fill the entire glass with ice.
- Mix pineapple juice with Malibu in another cup. Pour this mixture into the glass with the grenadine syrup (stir to make the layers better and to create an orange layer).
- Mix water with blue curaçao and pour gently (with a spoon) over the yellow layer and you will see that it flows nicely and creates a green layer!
- Serve with a lemon slice or orange twist. Cheers!
- Grenadine syrup (40 ml / 1 part) + ice
- Orange juice (200 ml / 5 parts)
- Blue curacao (20 ml / ½ part) + vodka (80 ml / 2 parts) (careful!)
PIN THIS RECIPE