The fastest banana pancakes, without sugar! This recipe does not require a food processor (or scale or measuring cup) and is ready within 15 minutes (really). So it’s an easy breakfast for any day of the week. And still healthy too, especially if you’re serving these simple egg and banana pancakes with fruit.
Banana Egg Pancake
This banana pancake really consists of only 2 ingredients: banana and egg. If you like to have a bit more of a bite, you can also make oatmeal pancakes. But these banana egg pancakes taste really delicious and soft.
You can always make small changes to this recipe. For example, you can add spices (cinnamon, cake and gingerbread spices, a pinch of salt), or firm the pancakes with a tablespoon of flour or a teaspoon of baking powder.
These pancakes are smaller and thicker than regular Dutch pancakes. They look more like American pancakes. But healthier!
Is banana healthy? Unlike other fruits, banana does not contain much vitamin C. But bananas contain a lot of dietary fiber, potassium, and starch. Good for digestion, the full-feeling after eating, a good fluid balance, and to maintain your blood pressure.
Although banana is one of the most calorific fruits, it contains far fewer kilocalories than other snacks such as cake (3x less!).
- 105 calories
- 27 grams carbohydrates
- 1 gram protein
- 0.39 grams fat
- 0,132 grams saturated fat
- 3 grams of fiber
- 24 grams sugar
- 422 milligrams of potassium
- 32 milligrams of magnesium
- 10.3 milligrams of vitamin C
- 0,433 milligrams of vitamin B6
In addition to ‘ordinary’ banana, there is also plantain. Plantain contain less sugar and more starch. You can also use baking banana for this banana pancake!
Fast, easy and tasty
I’m not a morning person, and I don’t like very complicated recipes. Easy recipes are totally my thing.
For this recipe, you only need a deep plate and a fork to make the batter and a frying pan to bake in. You’ll be done in no time.
Mash the banana and mix it with the eggs. With two frying pans on the stove, you’ll literally be ready within a few minutes.
You can serve these banana pancakes with banana (extra tasty: fried banana), walnuts, (frozen) fruit, (vegetable) yogurt or whipped cream, or coconut grater.
Banana Egg Pancakes
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- Mash the banana with a fork, or blender or food processor, in a deep plate until smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix well. Optional: add cinnamon or biscuit and gingerbread spices and / or a pinch of salt, but they also taste great without it.
- Baking time! Melt a knob of butter or oil. Place three heaps in the skillet, fry over medium heat for three minutes on each side. Use a large spatula so you can keep the banana pancakes whole when turning.
PIN THIS ARTICLE