The easiest and tastiest banana pancakes with oatmeal, without sugar! This recipe does not require a food processor (or scale or measuring cup) and is ready within 15 minutes (really). So it’s an easy breakfast for any day of the week! And healthy too, especially if you serve the oat pancakes with fresh fruit.
Banana oat pancake
The secret ingredient: banana! Every banana is suitable for this and an old soft banana is perfect. We sometimes freeze bananas when they become mushy, so they stay good. Because of the banana, the pancakes are sweet and healthy.
Oats are healthy because this grain is barely processed and contains healthy fibers, fats, proteins, and other good nutrients.
These pancakes are also different from regular Dutch pancakes because they are smaller and thicker. They look more like American pancakes. But healthier. Of course, you can also use the recipe to make bigger pancakes.
I’m not a morning person, and I don’t like very complicated recipes. Easy recipes are totally my thing. And I found other banana pancakes with oatmeal recipes really too much work. So I made my own recipe short and powerful.
You can make EASIER banana pancakes with just two ingredients!
Instead of a measuring cup and scale, grab a glass. Most drinking glasses are 25 cl / 250 ml, which makes it very easy to ‘measure’ with this. In this recipe, you use a glass of milk and a glass of oatmeal (rolled oats). This is added to the mashed banana and you stir it with a fork. Add a spoon of flour or baking powder, a pinch of salt, cinnamon, and an egg. That’s it!
You don’t need more than a deep plate, fork, and spoons. And a frying pan to bake in, of course. If you feel like variety: also use biscuit and gingerbread spices instead of cinnamon!
With three oatmeal pancakes in the pan, you’re done with two baking sits. From the batter, you make about 6 pancakes, depending on the size of your pan and the thickness of the pancakes. The inside stays a little soft like poffertjes (Dutch baby pancakes).
Serving tip: fruit! Start your day with vitamins. You can use fresh fruit or (nice and easy) frozen fruit! Frozen fruit can, of course, be stored for a long time.
Want to make other recipes with oatmeal? You can find more delicious oatmeal recipes on our website.
Banana pancakes with oatmeal
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour or 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (25cl) milk
- 1 cup oatmeal rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (optional)
- pinch of salt
- knob of butter
- Mash the banana in a deep plate with a fork.
- Add the oatmeal and milk first, to soften the oatmeal and mix.
- Then add the egg, flour or baking powder, a pinch of cinnamon and salt. Optional: add agave syrup. Mix all ingredients with a fork.
- Heat a knob of butter or oil in a frying pan over medium heat and spoon three piles of batter into the pan. Turn them over when the bottom is light brown (about 3 minutes). Bake the other side for about 3 minutes.
- Serve the oat pancakes with agave syrup, (frozen) fruit, or just eat them right away.
Did you trial the recipe? I’d love to hear how your banana pancakes with oatmeal turned out! Leave a review, comment under this post or tag #lekkerplantaardig in your creation on social media!
PIN THIS ARTICLE