Making banana bread is incredibly popular. Why? Because a banana bread can’t fail and is super tasty! This best banana bread recipe ever is a great base – you can still customize it to taste, but as mentioned: this is really a fool-proof recipe.
Is Banana Bread Healthy?
Unfortunately, we have to disappoint you: this banana bread recipe is not very healthy, as there is still sugar, butter, and flour involved.
But don’t worry, we also have a recipe for a healthy oatmeal banana bread no sugar (gluten-free + vegan)!
So this recipe is more of a banana cake than healthy banana bread. But that makes it very tasty! Do you really want to achieve a cake structure? Mix the butter + sugar first into a creamy mixture and then mix in the other ingredients.
Do you like banana? Check out our easy banana pancake recipe!
How to Make Banana Bread
The trick is to first mash the bananas (or grind with a blender/food processor), mix with the wet ingredients with sugar and then add the dry ingredients. It’s best to sift through the flour and baking soda so you don’t get lumps.
TOP TIP: Use a silicone loaf tin to bake your banana bread. You don’t have to grease it and you can get the cake out much easier!
As you can see in our video, the batter doesn’t have to be very smooth. Mashed bananas are just a little lumpy. Of course, you can make a smooth mixture in a food processor, but for the taste, it won’t matter much.
Also tasty: add nuts or chocolate pieces to the batter!
Banana on Top of Banana Bread
Not necessary at all, but very nice for the presentation: decorate your banana bread with a banana! Cut it lengthways by half, or just into slices, and place it on top of your batter in the cake tin. The banana is baked very gently and gives something extra to your banana bread!
- 3 ripe bananas, +1 for decorating
- 1 ½ cup flour (180 gram)
- ½ cup sugar (100 gram)
- ¼ cup soft butter or margarine (55 gram)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 330 °F / 165 °C and grease the baking tin (skip this if you have a silicone mold).
- Mash the bananas in a bowl and add the egg, sugar and butter. Do you want more of a cake structure? Mix the butter and sugar separately, first creamy.
- In another bowl, mix the flour with baking soda and add to the banana mixture (sift to avoid lumps). Add a pinch of salt to the batter.
- Pour the batter into your baking tin and decorate with a banana! You can cut the banana in half lengthwise as we do, but of course you can also slice the banana.
- Bake the banana cake in 1 hour. It is useful to check with a skewer from 50 minutes whether the cake is good.
- Let the cake cool in the mold for 10 minutes, outside the oven. This makes it easier to get the cake out of the mold. Enjoy your meal!¼
You can completely adjust this basic recipe to your own taste. Do you like nuts? Toss in a handful of chopped nuts. You can also add cinnamon or biscuit and gingerbread spices or vanilla sugar for flavor.
Don't have any butter or margarine at home? Then use 50 gr (1.8 oz) / 55 ml (¼ cup) oil.
As Amazon Associates and members of other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 233Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 39mgSodium 229mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 2gSugar 18gProtein 4g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix
PIN THIS RECIPE