Kanelbullar, sticky buns, cinnamon buns, and cinnamon rolls; isn’t it all the same? Not quite! It is similar, and it is suspected that the original cinnamon bun comes from Scandinavia.
But in this vegan cinnamon rolls recipe we share an American version: nice and sweet, with icing. We make it a quick recipe, because we use crescent dough (you can also use a roll of fresh puff pastry).
How To Make Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon rolls are so tasty, but if you’re going to make your own dough, chances are you’ll end up with dry cinnamon rolls. That is why we use crescent dough in this recipe. Then you are guaranteed to have delicious cinnamon rolls!
As mentioned earlier, cinnamon rolls are originally from Scandinavia. Of course, Americans wanted to sweeten this recipe and toss icing on top. And yes, it tastes quite good!
You can adjust the recipe to your own taste – we understand that sweet can be too sweet.
Also check out our Swedish cinnamon rolls recipe!
It is super easy: you roll out the crescent dough, press perforations to seal, brush it with melted butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
Then roll the dough up again in the same way, cut the roll into 6 slices and bake them at 200 °C/ 390 °F for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the icing by mixing powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Pour the icing over the vegan cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
You can use vegan crescent dough for this recipe. We also use vegan butter and vegetable milk, so you have a delicious vegan cinnamon roll!
Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls
You can also replace the crescent dough with a roll of fresh puff pastry! Fold the puff pastry in half once lengthwise for thicker rolls. Or just make some more (smaller) cinnamon rolls! Make sure to buy vegan puff pastry.
- 1 can vegan crescent roll (or 1 roll vegan puff pastry)
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter (50 gram),
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼-½ cup (caster) sugar (50-100 grams)
Cinnamon Roll Icing
- 100 grams powdered sugar, ⅞ cup
- 2 tablespoon vegetable milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 390 °F /200 °C.
- Roll out the croissant dough and press perforations to seal.
- Brush the dough with melted butter. Mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the melted butter.
- Roll up the dough as you rolled it out.
- Try to close the end firmly. Then cut the roll into 6 slices.
- Bake them on a baking tray lined with baking paper for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by mixing the powdered sugar with milk and vanilla extract. Pour the icing over the cinnamon rolls and enjoy your meal!
We also have a tasty Swedish cinnamon roll recipe!
As Amazon Associates and members of other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 291Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 46mgSodium 238mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 1gSugar 20gProtein 4g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix
PIN THIS RECIPE