If you’re looking for a vegetarian quiche recipe you’ve come to the right place! This vegetarian savory pie is packed with flavor and is also easy to make. Perfect for dinner or lunch. Especially if you don’t feel like spending hours in the kitchen. You can also make this broccoli goat cheese quiche a day before and reheat it later.
What we love about quiches is that you can vary endlessly. You don’t like something? Leave it out. If you like something, simply add it!
Vegetarian Quiche Recipe
What goes into this vegetarian quiche? It’s a broccoli quiche with goat cheese, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and walnuts. Eggs and crème fraîche are also used in the quiche. Pepper, salt, and chives can be added to taste. We do not add any other spices to the quiche, as the quiche is already so tasty.
If you want to add extra herbs, choose for example thyme or oregano. The walnuts add an extra bite to the broccoli goat cheese quiche.
How to Make Quiche
As we said before, this is an easy quiche recipe. The quiche is ready to go into the oven after only 15-20 minutes of preparation. And 35-40 minutes later, the quiche is ready to eat! We make the vegetarian quiche in a quiche pan with a diameter of 24 cm / 9.5 inches.
Making the quiche a day in advance is totally fine, you can reheat it later. Perfect when you are busy or want to make the savory pie as a birthday meal.
It is important to prick holes in the bottom before the vegetables and egg mixture goes into the quiche pan. This keeps the bottom firm, dry and crispy. Released liquids can escape this way. If you want to be completely sure that the bottom stays dry, sprinkle some breadcrumbs on the dough. This is especially important if you are using wet vegetables, such as spinach. Or the cherry tomatoes that go into this broccoli goat cheese quiche.
Is the quiche getting too brown during baking? Put aluminum foil over it!
How to Store Quiche
Let the vegetarian quiche cool to room temperature first, then cover it with plastic wrap. The quiche can be kept in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
Do you want to freeze the quiche? That’s possible! Quiche can be kept frozen for about 3 months. Freeze the quiche immediately after it has cooled down. Wrap the quiche tin with plastic wrap and then with aluminum foil. You can also put the quiche in airtight freezer containers.
How to Reheat Quiche
Cover the vegetarian quiche with aluminum foil and place it in a preheated oven at 160 degrees Celsius (320 degrees Fahrenheit). Heat the savory pie in 15 minutes. If you put the quiche frozen in the oven, heat the quiche for 20-25 minutes.
Broccoli Goat Cheese Quiche
This vegetarian quiche recipe is for 4 people. Everyone can eat a quarter of a quiche point. Enjoy your meal!
- 5 slices of savory pastry or puff pastry
- 1 ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes (250 grams)
- ½ broccoli
- 1 red onion
- ½ cup goat cheese (125 grams)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup crème fraîche (125 grams)
- ½ cup walnuts (50 grams)
- pepper and salt
- butter for greasing baking pan
- optional: chives
- optional: breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C / 390 °F.
- Bring water to a boil with a lid on the pan, chop the broccoli and cook for a maximum of 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease the tart/quiche pan and divide the dough over the pan.
- Prick holes in the bottom with a fork. Sprinkle, optionally, some breadcrumbs on the bottom.
- Cut the red onion into half rings and half the cherry tomatoes. Chop the walnuts. Cut or tear the goat cheese into pieces.
- Beat the eggs and crème fraîche in a bowl. Add pepper, salt, and chives to taste.
- Fill the tart pan with broccoli, onion, cherry tomatoes, goat cheese, and walnuts.
- Then, pour the egg crème fraîche mixture over the tart pan.
- Place the quiche in the preheated oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes. If the quiche browns too quickly, cover it with aluminum foil. If the quiche is still too wet after 35-40 minutes, bake the quiche in the oven longer.
- Cut the quiche into slices and serve. Enjoy your meal!
We’re an Amazon Associate. If you buy something via our links, it doesn’t cost you anything extra, but it helps us finance this food blog!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 541Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 254mgSodium: 563mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 18g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 10/26/2020
PIN THIS RECIPE