It’s time for a tasty rainbow chocolate chip cookies recipe! And not just chocolate chip cookies, we are going to tell you how to make vegan chocolate chip cookies, in the colors of the rainbow.
We previously made rainbow cookies in the shape of the rainbow, now we make each cookie a different color. And of course we are going to add chocolate.
In this chocolate chip cookies recipe we use both M&M’s (you can also use vegan smarties) and chocolate chips, but you can also choose one of the two. By putting M&M’s in the cookies, you make delicious M&M cookies!
With our rainbow recipes we try to make the world a little more colorful and accepting from the kitchen! Will you help? Share your creations via #rainbowrecipes.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
What do you need for this chocolate chip cookies recipe? Flour, golden castor sugar, baking powder, (vegan) butter, water or (vegetable) milk, and salt.
We decorate the cookies with chocolate chips and M&M’s, but to get the real chocolate chip cookie effect you can also mix chocolate into the dough. Then chop the chocolate before mixing it in the dough, or use chocolate chips.
We only press the M&M’s into the cookies when they come out of the oven. As a result, the M&M’s melt a little, but not too much. You can press the chocolate chips into the cookies just before baking, or at the end.
You also need food coloring to make the cookies rainbow colored. We use gel colors. With a gel colors you get the most vibrant colors, so use it instead of liquid or natural food coloring.
First, you make the dough and then divide it into 6 equal balls. Color each cookie dough ball a different color (purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red). Add a pinch of gel coloring to the dough and mix! If you are not completely happy with the color, you can add a little color.
Do you only have red, yellow and blue? Orange is made with yellow + red, green with yellow + blue and purple with red + blue.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe is completely vegan if you use vegan butter. Also make sure that the chocolate and food coloring you use are vegan. M&M’s are not vegan, but there are vegan smarties like Clarana Schokolinsen.
Check out more rainbow recipes on our website! We create 30 recipes, a recipe for every day of Pride Month.
Together, we can make the world more colorful and accepting, from the kitchen. Help and share your creations through #rainbowrecipes!
- 1 cup flour (140 gram)
- ⅓ cup golden castor sugar (70 gram)
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup melted vegan butter (75 gram)
- 2 tablespoon water or vegetable milk
- ⅔ cup vegan chocolate chips (100 gram)
- (gel) food coloring
- vegan m&ms (like Clarana Vegan Smarties Schokolinsen
- vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 345 °F / 175 °C.
- Mix all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, salt) and add the melted vegan butter and water / vegetable milk. Mix with dough hooks to a nice cookie dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 parts and color each part a color of the rainbow with a pinch of food coloring. We use vegan gel food coloring for this.
- Optional: add finely chopped chocolate or chocolate chips to your dough balls for the chocolate chip cookie effect.
- Divide each color into 2 balls and press a little flat on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake the 12 cookies in 10-15 minutes, depending on how chewy you like your chocolate chip cookies. The cookies should still be soft when they come out of the oven.
- You can push the chocolate chips into the cookies just before baking, or at the end.
- Press M&M's and / or vegan smarties and / or chocolate chips in the chocolate chips cookies while they are still soft. Let the cookies cool and harden for a bit.
As Amazon Associates and members of other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 202Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 16mgSodium 192mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 2gSugar 16gProtein 3g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix
PIN THIS RECIPE