Are you also crazy about Boursin / garlic and herb cream cheese? Then you should really make Boursin pasta! This is a tasty and very easy to make cream cheese pasta recipe.
With just a few ingredients you can enjoy a delicious vegetarian pasta cream cheese. And you don’t have to do much preparation, it’s super easy.
And did you try our vegetarian pasta with feta cheese recipe already? That recipe went viral online (especially on TikTok) and we understand why! It’s so good.
This Boursin pasta recipe is a variation on the feta TikTok pasta. If you don’t like feta or like a change of pasta recipe, make Boursin pasta!
We are going to tell you exactly how to make these yummy pasta! And of course we will share variation tips too and an option for a vegan pasta recipe (variation tips can be found at the bottom of the recipe).
For example, add extra vegetables, or use goat cheese or feta instead of Boursin.
We do have to warn you, because if you make this vegetarian oven-baked pasta once, you will want to eat it every week.
Creamy Pasta Recipe Ingredients
Especially when you are busy, pasta Boursin is perfect: it’s ready in no time. And you don’t have to pay attention at all. You just need to put the ingredients in an oven dish (without cutting anything) and cook the pasta.
But what do you need to make Boursin pasta? Cherry tomatoes or snack tomatoes, Boursin*, olive oil, Italian herbs, pasta, garlic, basil, and salt and pepper.
*you can use regular Boursin, it doesn’t have to be special Boursin cuisine.
Do you like spicy food? Then also add chili flakes.
Good to know: the sweeter the tomatoes, the tastier the sauce! That is why we prefer to use snack tomatoes.
Choose which pasta you want to use. We usually eat penne or farfalle pasta, but spaghetti, for example, also fits well with this Boursin pasta recipe.
Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese Pasta
Yes this is one of our most favorite pasta recipes! It’s so delicious, and you can prepare it in no time.
First, preheat the oven to 400 Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Then fill an oven dish with the tomatoes and mix with 3 tbsp olive oil, chili flakes, Italian herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
Make space in the middle and place the Boursin in the middle of the baking dish. Pour the last tbsp of olive oil over the Boursin.
Place the baking dish in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes tear open.
In the meantime, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package and drain.
Crush the garlic and prepare (tear) basil leaves. Remove the baking dish from the oven and stir in the garlic.
Stir until the Boursin and tomatoes form a nice cream cheese pasta sauce. And then stir in the pasta.
Serve with basil and enjoy your plate of boursin pasta!
Vegan Cream Cheese Pasta Recipe
Make it a vegan Boursin pasta recipe by using vegan cream cheese. In various countries Boursin has a vegan option.
If they don’t have it, you might want to look for another vegan cream cheese. Add a handful of chives, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, black pepper and salt if you use a vegan cream cheese without garlic and herbs.
Boursin Pasta Variation Tips
Below you will find a number of tasty cream cheese pasta variation tips:
- You can also use regular tomatoes (or Roma tomatoes for rich flavor), but cut them into quarters.
- Prepare more vegetables! This Boursin pasta recipe is also delicious with: zucchini, mushroom, eggplant, a whole chili pepper, or paprika. Or mix some spinach into the sauce during the last step.
- You can also use other herb cheese, tofu, feta, or goat cheese instead of Boursin.
- Vary with herbs, add whatever you like.
- If you would like to add meat or fish, think of fried chicken pieces or (garlic) shrimps that you add to the sauce.
Enjoy this pasta cream cheese! And make sure to try this vegetarian pasta with feta cheese too.
- 3 ⅓ cup snack tomatoes or cherry tomatoes (500 gram)
- ¾ cup Boursin* (1 pack of 150 gram/5.2 oz)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Italian herb
- 2 ½ cups pasta (250 gram)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (pressed)
- chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven on 400 °F / 200 °C.
- Fill the oven dish with tomatoes and mix with 3 tbsp olive oil, chili flakes, Italian herbs, peper and salt to taste.
- Place the Boursin in the middle of the oven dish.
- Pour the remaining tablespoon oil over the Boursin.
- Place the oven dish in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until the tomatoes burst.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packaging and drain.
- Press the garlic and tear the basil leaves.
- Take the oven dish from the oven, add the garlic and stir.
- Stir until the Boursin and tomatoes form a creamy sauce.
- Add the pasta and stir.
- Serve with basil!
*make it vegan by using vegan Boursin (it says 'dairy-free'). You can also use another vegan cream cheese (or make with cashew nuts) and add chives, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt.
Good to know: the sweeter the tomatoes, the tastier the sauce! That's why we use snack tomatoes.
- You can use roma tomatoes, but slice them in quarters.
- Bake more veggies! Yummy ideas: squash, mushrooms, egg plant, chili pepper, or bell pepper.
- Use any other garlic/herb cream cheese, or tofu, feta, or goat cheese!
- Vary with herbs, add whatever you like!
As Amazon Associates and members of other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 362Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 0mgSodium 206mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 5gSugar 6gProtein 8g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix
PIN THIS RECIPE